2015年3月20日星期五

Response to "Boy Marries Hill"

   When I first saw this title, I was confused because how could a boy marry a hill? After I finishing reading, I was also confused. But this time, the question became why did this boy fall in love with a hill. Generally speaking, this drama is simple and easy to understand. It contains only three characters and the major form is conversation.

   In the first half of the conversation, Darshini are desperate for Tapesh’s leaving. In order to stay with him, Darshini even chooses to create a lie. Because of this lie, Tapesh decideds to betray his mother and marry Darshni. This action shows that they all love each other. When we all looking forward to their marriage, the interesting thing happened. They do not like each other anymore. It is ridiculers because they make an important decision in merely ten minutes. That is extremely odd.

   As for pizza boy, personally speaking, the Darshini arranges him. Darshini knows that Tapesh comes back today, so she wants to give him a surprise. She orders pizza previously and when he comes back, they can have it together. For example, when pizza boy comes in, Tapesh feels surprised but Darshini doesn’t. The thing Darshini does not know is that the pizza boy has such a sad story. I think the function of this pizza boy is to move the plot along. Without this boy, the story will not have such a weird ending.      


   Besides, goddess’s hill is a symbol of evil inside people’s heart. When they did something wrong, the guilty will appear in mind, just like Tapesh’s mother. She killed her husband and now, she wants redemption. As a result, she comes up with a ridiculers idea that let her son marries a hill.

1 条评论:

  1. Some interesting ideas here. It is possible that Darshini arranged for the pizza boy (and lies about this, too). But it is also possible that the pizza boy has another role in this story. What role might that be?
    And I agree with you that the hill must be a symbol. I don't know if I agree that it represents evil, but it could represent regret of past deeds or a clinging to the past.
    Good ideas here!

    回复删除