One
Thousand and One Nights is a famous book, but the interesting thing is that, I
heard these stories from my father instead of reading the book. This is the
first time that I learn the book by my own and it brings me a special feeling
that these stories are much more interesting than what my father told me.
At the beginning of the book, Shahryar and Shah Zaman found that their queens betrayed them. After that major blow, they became extremely angry and then began their “revenge”. This is also the reason why these stories came into being. Personally, Scheherazade attracts me a lot because of her wisdom and bravery. As a daughter of Wazir, there was no need for her to take such kind of risk because she might lose her life. However, she was not afraid of the king and determined to change the fate of the rest women in the country. By telling stories to Shahryar for 1001 nights, Scheherazade finally changed the mind of the king and became the queen. Her sister Dunyazade also became the queen of Shah Zaman. The kings put down their hatred and these four people lived in harmony in the end.
The second article describes a story among bulk, ass, and a businessman. Story between bulk and donkey told us that personal conditions also needed to be considered when we were going to help friends. Similarly, when this businessman decided to satisfy his wife’s curiosity, he were supposed to premeditate himself too because his death was not a good consequence.
As a matter of fact, I still meet some problems when I read these three articles, especially the conversation between characters. The meaning of these sentences are not very clear and the vocabularies they use is confusing, such as “thee”. I guess these are not English. Above all, I enjoy reading these stories though some complex sentences are extremely hard to understand.
At the beginning of the book, Shahryar and Shah Zaman found that their queens betrayed them. After that major blow, they became extremely angry and then began their “revenge”. This is also the reason why these stories came into being. Personally, Scheherazade attracts me a lot because of her wisdom and bravery. As a daughter of Wazir, there was no need for her to take such kind of risk because she might lose her life. However, she was not afraid of the king and determined to change the fate of the rest women in the country. By telling stories to Shahryar for 1001 nights, Scheherazade finally changed the mind of the king and became the queen. Her sister Dunyazade also became the queen of Shah Zaman. The kings put down their hatred and these four people lived in harmony in the end.
The second article describes a story among bulk, ass, and a businessman. Story between bulk and donkey told us that personal conditions also needed to be considered when we were going to help friends. Similarly, when this businessman decided to satisfy his wife’s curiosity, he were supposed to premeditate himself too because his death was not a good consequence.
As a matter of fact, I still meet some problems when I read these three articles, especially the conversation between characters. The meaning of these sentences are not very clear and the vocabularies they use is confusing, such as “thee”. I guess these are not English. Above all, I enjoy reading these stories though some complex sentences are extremely hard to understand.
This is a good summary. And summary is often necessary. But the majority of your response should be your reaction to the story. It is ok to have difficulty with the meaning of a story and be confused about the events or the narration (i.e. why did this character or author make this choice instead of this other choice?) but I expect that you look up vocabulary words that you don't know. You can do better.
回复删除